For the summer 2020, Swipe Out Hunger’s Research & Development Lab is looking for a current college student looking to expand their portfolio as our Design Fellow. This person will receive a front-row seat to an all-hands-on-deck and high impact start-up nonprofit experience. The Design Fellow will design and execute the organization’s first ever Advocacy Toolkit. The toolkit will be a resource for the Swipe Out Hunger student network and the higher ed basic needs movement as a whole, including guides for effective advocacy, case studies of student advocacy nationally, and excerpts and guidelines of effective legislation. The inaugural toolkit will serve as an asset to the organization’s programs team for years to come. In addition, the Design Fellow will be assisting the Communications Department on designs across the organization to support its mission and impact.
The Design Fellow will be working with and reporting directly to Swipe Out Hunger’s Chief Strategy Officer and Director of Communications.
Responsibilities and Tasks
– Creates and designs materials for publication and distribution for both internal and external audiences, based on the current brand guidelines.
– Ensures brand standards are maintained across all projects.
– Develops designed materials, including one-sheets, reports and brochures to support various departments
– Produces digital designs including, but not limited to social cards, digital ads, infographics, email newsletters and presentations.
Swipe Out Hunger seeks a candidate with:
– Excellent graphic design experience and skills
– Ability to translate content into digestible material
– Ability to create interactive design
– Adobe Suite experience
– Web design experience as well as interest in advocacy is a plus!
Compensation and Benefits
Work with an engaged, upbeat and collaborative team. We work hard and encourage a balanced lifestyle. Stipend is available.
Depending on the student’s availability, we are open to students working either full-time with us over the summer or on a part-time basis 20 – 30 hours/week. The internship can take place from June 1, 2020 – August 15, 2020, but is flexible based on availability.
Send an email to email@example.com titled: “First Name Last Name – Design Fellow” so, “Michael Jordan – Design Fellow”. Please attach:
– Resume or CV
– 100 – 200 word blurb on who you are and why you’re excited about his position
– Link to your portfolio and/or projects you’ve worked on
Following initial review, select applicants will be invited to interview. References will be requested following a successful interview.
Swipe Out Hunger proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.