APPLY FOR A SWIPE GRANT
FOR YOUR CAMPUS PANTRY
Following our promising inaugural round of Swipe Out Hunger Pantry Microgrants this past spring, we are excited to announce that applications are open for our Fall 2022 Swipe Grants! Any partner campus can apply to receive a Swipe Grant to strengthen their pantry and ultimately feed more students.
Eligibility + Selection Process
This fall semester, 30 campuses will be randomly selected to receive $3,000 each. Campus pantries that meet the following criteria are eligible:
– Swipe Out Hunger official campus partner
– Completed our Campus Leader Survey Fall 2022
– Campus pantry is located within the United States, Canada or Mexico
– You either belong to or have the partnership of the food pantry on campus
– You pledge to increase impact among students with this funding
**If you received a grant from Swipe Out Hunger in 2021 or 2022, you are ineligible to receive a Fall 2022 Swipe Grant. Be the first to know when next fall semester funding cycle starts by signing up for our newsletter.**
Check out which campuses were selected to receive a microgrant during our Spring 2022 cycle!
Grant funds will cover campus pantry costs including these recommended purchases:
– Food Bank: sourcing food from your local food bank for pennies on the pound
– Cold Storage: purchase a fridge for perishable items
– Software and Technology: purchase state of the art pantry management software that can optimize your pantry’s operations. *Talk with a Swipe team member to learn more about our partnership with PantrySOFT
– Student/Volunteer Stipends: support those helping to make a difference on your campus
Check out what last round’s recipients purchased for their pantry!
– Missouri Western State University was able to hire a student worker to expand hours of operations and social media engagement. This student was able to be compensated for their time and skills while they created a welcoming, consistent experience for pantry users over the summer. This was so successful that the university was able to institutionalize the position for continued pantry support beyond the initial grant.
– Moravian University bought a freezer, which enabled them to stretch their budget by having the ability to purchase items from their local food bank in bulk that they weren’t able to store before the freezer purchase.
– Eastern Washington University spent the funds on eggs, dairy products, and other perishable ingredients to help students have the supplies to cook healthy meals at home. The demand was so high that they were able to reprioritize their budget moving forward to try to offer these goods more regularly.
Fall 2022 Process + Timeline
Application Opens: September 1, 2022
Swipe Grant Q&A: September 8, 2022
Application Closes: September 29, 2022
Recipients Notified: October 3, 2022
Fund Distributed By: October 31, 2022
Grant Period: October 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
Reporting Requirements Due: July 31, 2023
If selected, you will be required to submit:
– Metrics: total number of students served during the grant period
– Spending Report: how you used the funds during the grant period
– Student Impact Stories: share how students were impacted by the funding
– Feedback: what was great and how we can strengthen the Swipe Grant program
– Evaluation: invite students to participate in annual Swipe Out Hunger Student Survey
Questions? Let us know.
Swipe Out Hunger assumes no liability for expenditures.