SUPPORT STUDENT FOOD SECURITY & END COLLEGE HUNGER
Nationally, one in three college students experiences food insecurity. Campus food pantries provide a much-needed lifeline for many students in need of food and other resources. While campus food pantries have many nonperishable items, refrigerators can provide students with access to nutritious foods that help students stay focused on their studies and maintain active lifestyles. In 2021, however, 29% of Swipe Out Hunger campus pantry partners did not have refrigeration.
To address this critical need, LG Electronics and Swipe Out Hunger are partnering to support more than 500,000 college students across the U.S. Through this partnership, 100 campuses across the Swipe Out Hunger network will receive access to refrigeration, allowing students to secure fresh and nutritious food options.
With college students facing more challenges securing their basic needs than ever, there is so much more to be done to ensure students have the resources they need to achieve their higher education goals. Your donation would:
- $25: provide a pantry toolkit to a campus starting their own pantry
- $50: provide advocacy training to a student
- $100: provide year-round continuing education on student basic needs to campus administration, students, staff, and volunteers
- $250: support a student’s time and travel to meet and talk with a legislator
- $2,000: help Swipe Out Hunger provide hands-on support to a campus (such as meal drives or pantry operations)
- $25,000: allow Swipe Out Hunger to help pass key legislation like Hunger Free Campus
Join our movement to end student hunger and donate today!
Follow us on social!
SUPPORT STUDENTS’ BASIC NEEDS AND END COLLEGE HUNGER!
*By donating to Swipe Out Hunger, you agree to receive emails about our movement and general updates from Swipe Out Hunger.