- A few friends at UCLA find themselves with extra meal swipes on their dining plan. They go into the Dining Hall and buy a few dozen meals to-go. They head off campus and begin handing them out to homeless individuals.
- They call themselves "Swipes for the Homeless" and set up a table outside a dining hall where they ask other students to also purchase meals.
- That year, we handed out 300 meals.
- Swipes for the Homeless pioneer Bryan Pezeshki registers them as an official UCLA student group.
- LA Times covers the group's work, Hope for Hungry Students.
- That year, the group handed out its 8,912th meal.
- The organization doubles in size at UCLA and becomes one of the most talked about groups on campus.
- Swipes wins the Rishwain Social Entrepreneurship Award
- That year, the group handed out its 75,384th meal
- Swipes is invited to The White House and named a "Champion of Change"
- Swipes is named the Nations Most Innovative Student group by The Classy Awards.
- Chapters are established at University of Southern California (USC), UC San Diego and the University of Texas.
- The launch of our "Meal Voucher Program" funded by donated Swipes ushered a new way to address hunger on campus.
- That year, the group handed out its 300,634th meal.
- In September, Swipes hires co-founder Rachel Sumekh as its first staff person and CEO.
- Swipes welcomes the UC Santa Barbara, Northwestern and 3 other schools to its network.
- That year, the group handed out 600,795 meals.
- Swipes wins 3/5 awards at the LA Social Venture Partners Fast Pitch Competition.
- Swipes welcomes Pepperdine, University of Albany and a handful of other schools.
- That year, the group handed out its 1,026,384th meal.
- Swipes is invited to the Forbes Under 30 Summit in Philadelphia.
- University of Wisconsin and 5 other chapters are welcomed to the network.
- In August, Ilana Lerman is brought on as COO and second staff person.
- That year, the group handed out its 1,206,145th meal.