Swipe Out Hunger is a White House recognized non-profit organization that gives university students the opportunity to donate their unused meal points to their food insecure community. Since our start, Swipe Out Hunger has donated over one million meals by reallocating the excess funds on students’ meal plans. To date, our organization has spread onto 15 universities and has allowed more than 15,000 students to donate their unused meal points.
Swipe Out Hunger is based in Downtown Los Angeles, California.
Start date: February 15th
Modest stipend provided.
- Influence and guide communications and branding strategy of Swipe Out Hunger
- Creative freedom to implement communications strategy and design communication platforms (i.e. website, newsletters, and campaigns) for the organization
- Develop original content for posting
- 5-6 hour a week commitment
- Ability to travel to DTLA office
Background and Skills Required for the Position
- If a student, must maintain a 3.3 GPA
- Social media Savvy: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with design is preferable (ie Photoshop)
- Experience in or willingness to manage and update website
- Experience in writing for the media (letters to the editor, op-eds, press releases) a plus
- Able to work independently and manage upwards effectively
- Membership at Impact Hub Los Angeles
- Local speaking opportunities
- Access to a national network
- Opportunity to have work have a national impact
- Flexible hours and days
- Opportunity to launch initiatives and receive support
- Networking opportunities
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and a paragraph about who you are and why Swipe Out Hunger would be a good fit for you. Please have “Innovation Intern” and your name in the subject.