Swipe Out Hunger
Growth Strategy Manager
There has been incredible growth and interest in Swipe Out Hunger over the past two years.
We are seeking a growth strategy manager to assess, update, manage and execute on the Swipe Out Hunger program. The candidate will learn about our target audiences and help to refine and repackage the way we market our programing to better attract the customer (ie universities) and provide more targeted, effective support in establishing a Swipe Out Hunger Meal donation program.
What is Swipe Out Hunger?
A growth-stage start up that partners with colleges to end student hunger. Our premier program allows university students to donate their unused meal points to their hungry peers. Since its start at UCLA in 2010, the program has scaled onto 35 universities serving 1.4 million meals. Swipe Out Hunger has been called a champion of change by the Obama White House and been recognized in The New York Times and its leadership by Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list.
The organization is based in Downtown Los Angeles and has two other full time staff.
- Leading nationwide growth strategy
- Develop clear profiles for target audiences
- Work with Community Manager to create implementation plan
- Assess and evaluate program efficacy
- Implement learnings into pipeline
- Opportunity to work on the organization’s groundbreaking policy work
- Working directly with and report to the Executive Director
Ideal candidate has
- Interest in creative / content creation / communications
Over the past two years, we’ve doubled our locations, passed $7.5 million in state legislation and have established ourselves as first movers in the space of college hunger.
Who you are?
- Enthusiastic or curious are words used to describe you
- You've been at an entry level role, matured, and are ready for the next step.
- You thrive thinking at systems level but appreciate diving deep into the work at times.
- Building real relationships is your MO
- You’re a self starter and are comfortable with the flexible start-up workplace culture.
What is college student hunger? We’re glad you asked.
- 1 in 5 students at a four year school regularly skips meals.
- It’s often the same students we provided meals to from Kindergarten to 12th grade. Why don’t we ask what happens to their levels of food insecurity once they’re in college?
- We recommend you search online for articles on the issue as well.
send an email to email@example.com titled: "First Name Last Name – Growth Strategy Role" so, "Michael, Growth Strategy Role"
1. Resume or CV
2. 100-300 words on one of the two prompts below
- Why you're interested in this position
- What you're most proud of (an accomplishment, something in your life etc).
Following initial review, select applicants will be invited to interview. References will be requested following a successful interview.
Start date: Between Jan 30th-Feb 30th.
Includes full membership to WeWork and access to its 200+ locations globally
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Ranges from $40k-$52k.
The position is full time and based in sunny Downtown Los Angeles, California